Sunday, October 14, 2007

MST3What?

Okay, so I don't know if anyone here is familiar with You Knit What???, but it was a great blog dedicated to finding the absolute worst in the knitting world and ripping those garments a new one. I really, really loved it and was sad to see it go. I also love Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K, for those of you in the know) and was sad to see it go as well, since they took bad movies and ripped them a new one. I decided that, in the spirit of homage (though you may see it as ripoff), I would do the same sort of thing with any handmade or craft good, because seriously, there is so much bad stuff out there just begging to be mocked. How could I not? I don't know what to call it yet, but here's the first installment:


Ladies and gentlemen, the Hamburger Dress. Um ... yeah. I'm all for making superfluous things, especially if they're to be knitted (this dress is crocheted), but I feel that maybe this fad may be getting a bit tired. Crocheted sushi once is cute, a knit uterus is funny, and I really don't get the whole pastry phenomenon, but when you start wearing it and taking it seriously, you might need to lie down for a bit.

No comments: